Saturday 3 July 2010

Looking up and down


After spending a small fortune in Sports Shoes on running sunglasses (with three interchangeable lenses - count 'em!) and several running tops, I was convinced that herein lay the route to running happiness and commitment.

Not so.

All good intentions, I left work early and decked in my new pink & white kit and magic see after dusk glasses I met fellow ERR ladies at Apperley Bridge for the scheduled 10 mile run.

Just under one mile in found me sitting on a wall by the Total garage at the Guiseley roundabout - what a slog up Harrogate road in the evening heat. Things got marginally better as we ran through Guiseley towards Hollins Hill. Had a lovely sprint down Hollins Hill, remembering the times Julie, Lisa and I ran down there earlier in this year.

At the bottom of the hill, the group split off as four of us relented admitting we really couldn't face 10 miles, so we cut off and ran the last three miles along the canal back to Apperley Bridge. Like a sulky teenager, I'd really had enough by the time we go onto the canal and started walking dragging my feet behind Julie and Lisa.

What is it about running? Sometimes I can do and it and other times I can't?! Or maybe won't!!

Amends were made on Friday night with a lovely club run through Calverley Woods (Julie, correct me?), up to Rodley roundabout and then back along the canal.

Off to spectate the Jane Tomlinson 10k in Leeds tomorrow...it'll be great to be on the other side of the line for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment