Sunday 17 October 2010

PB By the Sea

Absolutely glowing after a great day out on the east coast of Yorkshire in Bridlington, eating ice-cream and fish and chips on the seafront, oh and running a half marathon.

As I hadn't felt great all week, I went into this race with low expectations and decided not to wear a watch and just try to enjoy it.

And I did.

It was one of the nicest, most scenic races I have ever run starting and finishing on the Bridlington seafront and heading off out into the countryside via the villages of Sewerby, Flamborough and Bempton before returning to Bridlington. The last couple of miles which pass through Sewerby Hall grounds and along Flamborough Head were pretty blustery but the view of the sea made it worthwhile.

The end in sight
I genuinely had no idea what time I was on as I ran the final half mile along the seafront and so was amazed to cross the finish line and see that the timer clock read 2 hours 3 (it might have been 2 - my memory's gone hazy), knocking about seven minutes off my previous half marathon PB.

My reward was a large ice-cream and fish and chips...clearly not really a true athlete yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment