Thursday 14 October 2010

Zonked

 I ended last Thursday's training session at the track on a real high, endorphins flowing. It was week three of the speed for endurance runners course being put on by BAN. We had done some work with hurdles and various plyometrics, followed by 10x400m round the track with a 30 second sprint and two minute interval. Totally knackering but I seem to get a buzz from this type of running that I just don't find with middle and long distances.

It was a late one, and I didn't get home until 10pm. Putting this in the context of the other Tuesday night course, bootcamp in Roundhay on Wednesday evening, 10 mile race on Sunday and up for work at 6am, I guess it's not hard to predict my downfall...

Yes, tiredness hit me on Friday evening, sore throat on Saturday, blocked nose Sunday and by Monday I began to feel completely listless and just, well...zonked. The result being that I haven't been able to run or do anything all week. I've even been breathless trying to get up the stairs. I had done too much...

The moral of the story?

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment