Thursday 5 August 2010

On the Torture Rack

I'd promised myself several weeks ago that I would book a sports massage, so on a recommendation from a fellow Eccleshill Road Runner, I booked in with Penny Brook.

She cut to the chase from the start, "This is going to hurt, but I will stop if it becomes unbearable".

What?

No chance of a little sleep then while being gently pummelled?

One hour later, eyes watering I had been massaged within an inch of my life. I knew my calves were stiff and the soles of my feet had been sore since training for the marathon but this was pain on another level. And as for my hips...and did she actually put an elbow into me at some point??

Nevertheless, I'm hopeful the pain will be worth it and I'll be less stiff which should, in turn, improve my running.

Booked in again for six weeks time before I could change my mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment