Wednesday 18 August 2010

Checking In...


Well, I thought I'd better check in and check up on where I'm at with the goals I set several blogs back at the beginning of the month...

And I'm pleased to report that it's been a pretty good month and goal setting really seems to be working for me.

I'm now happily enjoying bootcamp again every Wednesday and have now been to four sessions, and the kettlebells are not hurting quite as much now...

I've run with club every Monday and Friday throughout the month, which has been interesting as I have posted all of the training runs for Eccleshill Road Runners for August. I decided I might as well make use of some of the new training sessions I'd learnt during the various running schools I've done via Airedale Atheletics over the past 18 months.

Monday the week before last saw us doing a fartlek session in Peel Park, which was tough but really good fun. And last Monday we went down to the dreaded Gain Lane for a short tempo session, where you run out and back as fast as possible for 12.5 minutes each way, the idea being that you should run the distance for each half in the same time, and everyone should return to the starting point at the same time. I hope we can now incorporate these sessions into the normal training routine.

I've also had some really lovely Friday evening runs with club including my favourite six miler to Esholt and back along the canal.

Another goal was to lose seven pounds this month, and I'm slowly getting there having lost five pounds so far. Hooray! Just got to keep going now...

My next race is the Horsforth 10k at the end of September so here's hoping a lighter me will equal a speedier me! I haven't investigated the course yet, but here's hoping I can come in under 56 mins.

Will that do for this month??

No comments:

Post a Comment