Sunday 27 February 2011

A Mug's Game

Up at what has now become a bit of a lie in for a Sunday to travel over to Pocklington on the other side of York for the Snake Lane 10. This was a race I'd entered ages ago before I knew I had a place in London. Despite it being lower mileage than I perhaps should be doing at this stage, I decided to go with it and run it anyway.

It was a lovely sunny morning, so I braved the club vest and headed off. Our fridge is broken so no milk for my usual pre race bowl of porridge so settled for toast instead, which I am now blaming for the eight miles of stitch I experienced in this race.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the race and would definitely do it again. Managed to get a new personal best of 1.28, on really tired legs and also the lovely mug shown above. Can't be bad.

Now thinking on to the extra 10 miles I have to run next Sunday in the Trimpell 20, and am off for a lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment