Saturday 5 March 2011

Trimpell Trepidation

So the Trimpell 20 is tomorrow and it seems to have come around in no time at all.

There it is the Salt Ayre Leisure Centre, the start of the race, shown on the right here in aerial, with the dreaded track in view. Dreaded because the race ends with two laps of it. Two laps which very nearly made me give up when I was so close to the finish line last year.

Trimpell. Surpassed only in my list of most hated races by the Pudsey 10k. 

Whatever am I thinking putting myself through it again? Well, it's like this. I have to go back and check whether it really was that bad or if I've built it up to be something that it's not. Also, it forces me to run 20 miles without walking (too shameful) or calling for a lift to be rescued (can't do that again).

I've had a good week. It's been relatively restful. I had fun with the Saltaire Striders last Tuesday running three mile efforts and a brilliant time with ERR last night (can someone become a running club tart?!) running an easy pace six miler with Lisa who was making a guest appearance this week on a fleeting visit from Spain .

I'm filled full of pasta and my kit for tomorrow is laid out. New fridge is now installed (see previous post) so I can stick to my usual pre run breakfast. It's all looking good.

Now I just need to work on getting a positive head on.

Tomorrow, I will be saying what a great race it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment