Saturday 11 September 2010

Back to it!


Where's the time gone? Where have I been? I must admit I was a little shocked when I realised how much time had elapsed since I last blogged...

So what's been happening?

A holiday, a bit of bootcamp, a few runs and lots of planning.

I spent a much needed relaxing week chilling out in Turkey at the end of August. Took the decision to leave my trainers at home given the likelihood of me feeling like a run whilst there would be nil - the heat and my general lethargy (translate laziness) being the main reasons.

So the planning, I've discovered the excellent http://www.fetcheveryone.com/, which was recommended to me ages ago by Julie but I'd never followed it up. The website basically allows users to set up a profile, log training runs and race times. Users can also see other people's training and look up who else is entering the same races. There's also a good calender that logs miles run each month - slightly scary on my part, given that my September total is currently three from last Monday's 5k time trial at club!

Other planning, I've now registered for some coached courses via Airedale Athletics the umbrella organisation for lots of Bradford running clubs. I inadvertently registered for two after misunderstanding the application form (I thought I had to give one as a back-up choice). Anyway, I thought it wouldn't to me any harm to do two so for six weeks from the last week of September I'll be spending Tuesday nights learning about running efficiency and Thursday nights speed for endurance runners. I never did know when to stop...

Coming up this week, it's club on Monday night - hill running up the dreaded Eccleshill Bank, then bootcamp Wednesday, back on the torture rack with Penny Brook's sports massage on Thursday (feel a bit fraudulent about this given the lack of 'sport' in September), then club again on Friday. I'm also going to aim for a long run on Sunday as I have the Bridlington Half Marathon coming up next month and I'm worried that I haven't run more than about 5 miles in one go in the last few months.

Goals wise:

Still not there with weight loss though not far - 6lbs lost so a pound to go (and could probably do with a few more if I'm honest...)

Horsforth 10k at the end of September - here's hoping some of the speedwork I've done recently will pay off to reach my goal of under 56 mins

5k wise - still some way to go...I'm working on it but decided that Leeds parkrun could be a good PB target so I just need a free Saturday.

Three months to go...getting there!

1 comment: