Thursday 30 September 2010

The Apprentice

You're fired!
End of the summer season at OutFit, the weekly bootcamp I've been going to at Roundhay Park since the end of July, and we were faced with the 'Summer Challenge'. This is designed to test various areas of fitness at the end of each season and afterwards we are assigned a 'Chaos Rating' indicating our level of fitness.

Ten weeks of classes, a fair bit of running and nine pounds lost, I thought I would do okay...

I do need to set the scene for this event. I'd been at work all day, the rain was pouring down and it was one of those days when it never really seemed to get light. So, after the usual 'do we really have to go to this?' conversation with James we headed down to Roundhay Park. The rain stopped, leaving only mud...

The challenge consisted of...

Core – Plank
Balance – Stalk
Agility – Side jumps
Strength – Farmers walk
Endurance – Crab walking (don't ask...)
Power – Bag throws

And all in the dark. I actually fell over at one point by slipping on a power bag doing the agility challenge.

Madness?

In everyway possible.

But I drove home endorphins flowing feeling pretty pleased with how I had done.

My ranking? 'Apprentice', the results email told me the next day. Only one better than 'Rookie' the lowest possible category.

Oh, and did I mention I am also a London Marathon reject?

Happy days...

No comments:

Post a Comment