Friday 17 September 2010

The Nights Draw In...

This is definitely the most challenging time of year for me in terms of running. The evenings are getting darker and the temperature's starting to dip and all I want to do when I get home from work is put the heating on, have a lovely tea and settle down on the sofa for the evening. I'm truly lazy at heart.

Nevertheless, Monday evening 7pm saw me racing down to Fitness First for running club (racing because I had spent the time up 6.55pm in battle with myself trying to find a good reason to go). The wind was howling. It was pretty cold and the scheduled run was up the dreaded Bank. Proud memories of managing four laps of the figure of eight up what must be the steepest hill in Bradford seemed far away, as I trundled round only managing two laps before scurrying home when darkness started to fall.

This is no good! I've run in much worse than this. I've even heard fellow runners comment that they prefer running when it's colder but, for me, there's no beating a long run on a lovely summer's evening.

So, what am I going to do to keep myself going?

Well, the answer to all ills...clothes! Time to get myself down to Sports Shoes and get kitted out in some lovely new stuff for winter...

Got to be an incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment